Finance Officer Advertisement
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
We currently are recruiting for a Finance Officer to work under the Finance and Contracts Manager.
· Reconciliation of bank and petty cash for all our services
· Update and monitor of SAGE system on a daily basis
· Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger control
· Reporting on budgets
· Payroll management including verification of staff timesheets
· Establish and maintain good relationships with all colleagues, Local Authorities, suppliers and contractors.
· Assist in maintaining and updating information relating to finance held on the company’s systems and accounting software.
· Assist in the preparation of statistics and management information with regard to finance as required by her/his Line Manager including assistance in preparing period end accounts.
· Process payments following required authorisation and ensure cheques are signed by relevant signatories.
· Apply the basic accounting principles, knowledge, and techniques to analyse the variances, assist in production of journals, and perform routine accounting activities
· Tracking and reconciling bank statements including petty cash, operations and property service charge accounts.
· Ensure the safe receipt, handling and banking of monies and cheques received.
· Provide assistance to staff with regard to financial issues.
We are looking for:
· Studied to a minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) in English and Mathematics
· Experience of working in a busy office environment
· Previous finance/accounting and administration experience (at least one year)
· Finance/accounting related qualifications or working towards AAT/ACCA or equivalent qualification
We are hoping to recruit for this role quite quickly, so please make yourself available when contacted for interview